Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sunkist VS. ???

So I just submitted my character design to the *cue fanfare* Iron Pen Showdown!

Up to 20 artists submit a character of their original design to fight against another cartoon. Every artist is randomly paired with another artist/cartoon duo and forced to fight to the death battle in a comic. Cartoonist A draws their character beating Cartoonist B's character in a fight, and B will draw his guy kicking A's ass in a comic too. After a couple of weeks, both comics get posted. After a week of voting (by other competitors and the public, so I'll be calling for your help when this happens), the winner moves onto the next round!

So I submitted a dude from my comic, Sunkist. He's not much of a fighter, but more of a really-laid back beach bum. How's he going to fight, you ask? Through charm, wit, and cunning. And with the help of his gnarly little guinea pig, Ripcurl, he'll defeat my first rival for sure.

I'll get my first opponent soon. Pretty stoked!

And here's the picture I whipped up for the competition.


No comments:

Post a Comment