Thursday, February 28, 2013

March Art Challenge, GOOO!

Aloha, dudes and dudettes! So I’ve issued a challenge to myself for the month of March. One of my favorite Nintendo franchises is F-Zero, so I’m challenging myself to draw each one of the racers from the roster! There are 30 racers from F-Zero X, so that’s one a day, and I’ll come up with something cool for March 31st. The characters are rarely seen out of their vehicles, so my intention is to focus more on their outside lives.

So I’m kicking this off with racer 01, Mighty Gazelle! The dude got in a wicked crash during the SNES F-Zero, and ended up with a robotic body. If you beat F-Zero X with him, he holds up a photo of his old body (I know this because he was always one of my favorite racers). Also, he’s in the background in the comic found in the SNES game manual.

Tomorrow, racer #2, Jody Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment